TERMS & CONDITIONS – Swann Books Short Story Competitions, anthologies, and compendiums.
- By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. Employees and immediate families of Swann Books, and agencies associated with this competition are ineligible to enter. However, existing Swann Books authors (and other published authors) are eligible to enter.
3. To enter the “Swann Books Short Story competition”, entrants must complete the official entry form, which needs to be downloaded from this website and sent with your manuscript.
4. The “Swann Books Short Story Competition” entries commence on Monday, August 28th 2017 and close at 5pm on November 1st 2017, unless otherwise specified in promotional material.
5. All entries must be received by the deadline stipulated above otherwise the entry will not be accepted. Swann Books takes no responsibility for lost, damaged, misdirected, late, illegible or incomplete entries.
6. The maximum length of the Open Division entries is 3000 words. There is no age restriction on entries. Your story may be published by Swann Books on swannbooks.com, or in an anthology of similar stories.
7. There is a limit of two entries per category that an individual may submit. Each entry must be submitted individually and must be accompanied by a completed entry form.
8. All entries must be accompanied by a manuscript, typed in English, doublespaced.
9. Once an entry is submitted, the manuscript is final. The entry cannot be withdrawn and no alterations can be made to it.
10. All personal information is to be printed on a separate cover page, with only page numbers and story title on all other pages.
11. Entries may not contain any photographs or illustrations.
12. Manuscripts must be submitted by the author, or legal guardian if under 16 years of age.
13. Stories must be the original work of the entrant alone
14. Once an entry is received no further publishing permission will be sought; the author is responsible for the legal implications of any work published.
15. All entries submitted remain the property of the entrant. However, Swann Books has the right to publish the winning and highly commended manuscripts entered without fee.
16. The finalists’ names, entry details, biographical information and photographs will be required by Swann Books and will be used for promotional purposes without compensation. You consent to this use of your details by entering the competition and agree to your name being published without notification or prior approval.
17. Prizes are to be paid out by electronic transfer or PayPal within 30 days of publication. Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable nor redeemable for cash. The value of each prize is stipulated in the promotional poster for the publication or event.
18. The finalists will be contacted by phone or email using the contact details provided.
19. Winners will be announced on the Swann Books website, and on the Swann Books Facebook Page. Unsuccessful entrants will not be contacted.
20. The judges’ decision regarding the winners’ is final and no correspondence will be entered into.